Sunday, July 29, 2007

Letter,Paul Jennings

168 Clyde Road
Fendalton 8053
Christchurch


24 July 2007


Dear Paul Jennings,

My name is Nicky Bowler and I’m a major fan of your awesome books. I stopped liking your books a couple of years ago but then my teacher introduced me to your books, now I think they are the best books in the world.

Here are a couple of questions for you. Why did you choose to become an author? How do you come up with the titles? Like; The Gumleaf War, Bird scrap and Souper man? I think they are quite funny names and have been created nicely. I think your title “Bird Scrap” was cool and the story and how they climbed out by the chimney was quite funny too.

My other favorite was the “Busker” I think it was very mean of the Busker to put Tiny down the hole. Do you agree? When Tiny came up his head went back that was very cruel. I think it was very sad how the dog was saving the man’s life and not his own life.

I think your book Unbelievable is one of the best! I also think you are always thinking outside of the square.

I was also wondering why don’t you have names in your stories because most of your stories I’ve read don’t have names and use words like ‘the boy’?

I really like your books, I don’t really know why but here are some of the reasons. They are creative, imaginative, they have descriptive words and they make me really want to read on. I really love your stories and I want to hear from you, please send me a letter back. I think it is nice of you to use your time listening to my letter.

Sincerely,



Nicky Bowler

Super letter Nicky with lots of comments and questions. Your tone is interested and friendly. You need to work on your editing of surface features to improve your writing. You are putting many sentences on new lines when they need to be included in the paragraph. You will need to work on this. Claire

No comments: